Friday, May 5, 2017

Snapshots of the Season - My L.A. in Bloom


"Oh where, oh where, has that darn blogger gone now?"  


You might wonder as my absences from this page sometimes prolong themselves........


Well it does have something to do with the season, to which a gardener must always be subject.


After a harsh endless summer and drought of 2016.....followed by five months of almost


constant rain.  My recent cool stretch of L.A. spring has been very precious and demanding.


For planting and maintenance.   It's meant


a lot of work to replant, restore and reinvigorate much of my garden.


And there has been a fair amount of happy (or not) weed pulling, bug spraying, and leaf corralling.   


Oh yes, and then there's been this one, who has required a great deal of supervision.  Because her time outdoors always involve plans.  That seem to involve exits!  I have titled this post "My L.A. in Bloom" but it might just as well have been called:  "Elvis Has Left the Room."

And that's just nature.  And the season.  For better or worse.   So you'll excuse me?  I can make no promises about the little furry one.  But me, so far, I'll keep coming back.  



HAVE A LOVELY LOVELY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FIRST OF MAY WEEKEND!











2 comments:

  1. Un vrai coin de paradis fleuri !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! And such a LOT of garden you have to manage - I can see how that would consume a great deal of your time... but time most definitely well spent. I hope your Furry Houdini soon realises that there's no need to look elsewhere for paradise!

    ReplyDelete