Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Mart Collective Venice, CA - Part Two


If you know me, you know I love vintage.  Well, almost any kind of vintage.


Especially if it's well made, colorful and has a patina.


I'm always surprised at the wealth of goodies that L.A. harbors, considering that it is a relatively


young town, in the historical scheme of America.....and so far from so many other places in America


where all of these things might have been carted, shipped, shlepped from.


I have to remind myself that L.A. is the site of one of the biggest ports in America.


That it is a place people come to to reinvent themselves - maybe more so than the rest of the U.S.


And that the movie industry is a voracious borrower and purveyor of material culture.


Hence cast offs, re-coups, collecteds, cadged......Treasures, and treasures......


Of every sort.


I don't need to own them.  I don't want to DUST THEM!


But the hunt, the hunt...the multiples and the patterns...the history.  It speaks to me.


the MART COLLECTIVE Venice  

A magpie paradise









1 comment:

  1. Love it! I especially loved the little rugs .. possibly throw rugs or something else, that looked like they were Indian or perhaps only Indian-inspired.. but would look great on the back of a sofa or a chair.

    ReplyDelete