Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Corner View - Lonely, Together


Are you lonesome tonight????????


I, personally, am a little tired tonight, but let me see if I can eek a Corner View out of this series of pictures from the Melrose-Fairfax Sunday Flea Market..........from a gloriously balmy recent Sunday.....


First, can I ask, have you ever thought about what a lonely life it must be, being a BOOT in sunny southern California? Sitting in the back of a closet.  In the dark.  For years on end maybe, rarely if ever coming out to play?  Until????????? Until!!!! 

This is the evidence.  Of such loneliness.  TOGETHER.


Is this or is this not? a graphic representation of LONELINESS TOGETHER?  Now you understand, don't you, about the Lords exhortation to Noah.  Yes?  It's not nice when everybody is fixed up with a compatible and theoretically, attractive - mate.  And for you - ?  Not so much!


Lonely together?  For Africa, maybe?  Or perhaps for one of those errant beads that I am always afraid would fall off in copious numbers if I ever actually purchased one of these things that I am so attracted to.


Do people use these in your part of the world?  We do.  When we are Hollywood stars who don't want to share our secret loneliness, we burn these to persuade the last (deceased) fabulous one who inhabited our house too.......vamoose! Already!  Because, which one of you missed that memo?  In "the Hills" WE WANT TO BE ALONE! 



Have I mentioned about boots?  In So-Cal?


Christmas is coming - but where is the snow!  Out, out you damned boots!


Not possible to be lonely, but instead very TOGETHER with fuzzy colors in your hair.


Not possible to be lonely AT ALL with mid-century MOD accoutrements to bring your friends TOGETHER around.   Snapping fingers and sipping cocktails to your favorite tunes.


Need I say more about this hi-fi.........


And this mini-dress - just shouting out to be brought together with some slamming BOOTS!  (Hello Boots - there may be hope for you yet!)  On your rockin' back patio.


Four people could never feel lonely together all crammed into this l-u-u-u-v seat.  Because after all, this is L.A. and not New York.


OK when I spot something like this in tin, and turquoise, and I am "shopping" in the sunshine with Monsieur Paradis, it's true.  I feel lonely.  Because THIS (whether or not it does actually come from France) reminds me that I have always nursed the dream of a little shop full of such things.  Either from France............or............... in France.  AND HE, EMPHATICALLY DOES NOT!  Nurse such a dream

The definition of lonely together.  Because even if he let me have my little shop, I would always be out treasure hunting.  Even on weekends.  And never ever home..........So we would be LONELY in real life.  Even if together on paper.


Don't you think little babies feel lonely in these silly bouncy machines even when they are set on them right in the middle of the living room with all their family together?  Even when the silly bouncy machine looks like an elegant, industrial, vintage instrument of torture?  


Yup.  I have already told you about me and old colorful tin things.  Etceter - awwww!


The best things in this market were ALL tin!  (So.  Painful!)


Not 100% tin but I could feel less lonely with this little light in my life.  Togetherness be damned.


Do you know these men?  They once were the Fathers of My Country.  Feeling a little lonely maybe, considering all that 18th-century Euro-styled Enlightenment "democracy crap" has been kicked to the curb by our current crop of politicians.  

At least they're together.


Oh for the good old days.  When teetering on a precipice seemed like a great adventure.


Remember my shop?  How perfectly would this work with "my" tin bits and pieces?  (Also turquoise!  Pantone "Tangerine" Color-of-the-Year?????  Ho.  Huh.  Hum.)   I would invite my artist friends in and install a saw blade right there in the middle.  I would make them stretcher bars, and bang them together some lovely frames.  When we are done, we could throw a pretty cover across the top



and have pink lemonade.


There are lots of songs about these guys.  And their lonely old boots.  You know the kind you'll find in darkened bars with old Hank on the jukebox.  No matter how many other cowboys have tied up outside, inside, they will never be TOGETHER.


It's lonely work, packing up the truck and taking it all back home.  Especially when you'd wished you'd have a little less of it all-together.  And a little more cash in your pocket.

At the end of the day.

Whew.  I made it through another Corner View.  How about for you?  Christmas + Corner View?  Are you making it all work?


For more "Lonely Together" Corner Views, here are  links to: FrancescaJaneIanDonAnnaDanaLaNinjaTheresaCherryBJoyceNatsumiLumettaKariBonnieCateDorteSkylarAprilLollipopJanisibbjgyIdaNielsenLizaLikeschocolateIsabelleLucylaineAllegriaPienduzzElisabelle,RosaMariaElizabethBichosdaMatosJuniperVictoriaAnnabelAngieEmily, KamanaTikjewitTanïaBarbaraMoetjatjaDoritFlowtopsValérieJulietteCastorWanderchowLouetTomLiseFashionCampagneTziviaCole,JuanitaLi + BelleSophieMenthe blancheLeslie...








12 comments:

  1. Et moi, je craque pour la maison de poupée...! Très bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est une belle illustration du sujet du jour qui m'a posé un tel problème que je n'ai pas su faire un post ;)

    Magnifique ta série de photos !!!!

    Je t'envoie un peu de fraicheur hivernale, just in case !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely way to approach that theme! Had to smile about the poor boots. And I'm happy I'm not the only one that loves to be in a crowd of people on a flea market, rummaging in vintage stuff! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a wonderful dream to nurse, hope it will somehow come true - togetherness sometimes involves a certain degree of compromising :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A primo post once again MP!

    I will comfort a pair of those boots so they are no longer lonely - check. TIN ! oh the tin, big tin fetish here as well - check check. Smudge sticks? Yes indeed, and do tell who was the sparkly star that past in your place? CELeb gossip! - triple check. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flea market like it very much. So many beautiful things. Above all, I really like the cowboy boots. And I'm dreaming of cowboys alone in the wild west, around the campfire, the snorting of the horse ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo so many lovely things, I wish I could go shop there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go flea marketing with you - great finds. And the boots and mod dress would look lovely (lonely) together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't this what is called "abundance"? ha ha ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks like a very nice fleamarket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super toutes tes photos ! J'ai vu plein de choses intéressantes sur cette brocante ! Une chose m'a faire rire : ce sont toutes ces bottes de cowboys (type santiags) à vendre :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice information shared by you. I was just searching this type of information and luckily I got it from your blog. I like your blog also. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete