Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Corner View - A Different Corner


I posted yesterday in an oblique way about why I'm not quite generating as many of my own photos
for posting as I might have previously.   Which kind of means, I might be kind of bored with my own corner, (or worried that you might be) and yes, ready for another corner - which I haven't yet turned.  And so must borrow someone else's pictures until I've done that!  Anybody still with me?  (I'm not sure I'm following myself!!!!!)


So anyway, the above is why my "(Different) Corner View" this week uses other peoples' pictures and is inspired by somebody else's (Eiline's) post last week about how, when it is grey in Paris, she dreams of a living space that would make the grey seem more comforting...... and more comfortable.  I know exactly what she means.  Even in L.A. when the sun leaves us for a day, or a weekend, I really dream of a space like this.  


That makes me feel sheltered, but not quite buried - as grey days tend to do.  Soothed but not suffocated.


Who GETS to live in someplace with high walls and even higher windows?  (Not me yet!)  But what lucky people, to sit and nap and drink warming things, and have muffled conversations with someone caring, about sorrows or joys.  Until the long dark day has passed.


And the sun shines again.  At which point, I would want MY house, where I can actually see out the windows!





At Corner Views, it's all about the "difference".  See them here:








16 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving little lady,
    I've been my own little world and now I back.
    Don't stop the picture taking and posting. You helped me long ago with inspiration,so don't you forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems that feeling is making the rounds - you are not alone. I'm with ya sista - 'til the end! In the meanwhile, I look forward to what you do here in Paradise, always enjoy your unique point of view... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one with Sofia Loren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très jolis appartements...
    Et par rapport à ton précédent post : oui, moi je suis toujours ravie de découvrir tes photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je suis contente d'avoir été une source d'inspiration pour toi...merci donc pour ce petit clin d'oeil..je me vois très bien vivre dans ces superbes univers..tout me plait, les tables, les chaises, les lustre..un rêve...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring images! Btw even if you would (not that I noticed) repeat yourself: I think repitition is underrated! things don't have to be new to be appreciated in my opinion, familiarity, recognizability and tradition (stupid things like black coffee in the morning) have a charm of there own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those gray days (phases) help you appreciate the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm I'm kind of in a funk too! it must be the weather!!
    i like the photos and isn't that interesting how gray can be resting!!
    thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous living spaces! Makes my little house seem very dark and cramped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we all get bored with our own corners from time to time ... don't worry, it will pass ! you will find inspiration again !

    my different corner is tasty this week ... http://bonnie-simple-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/11/corner-view-was-created-by-jane-at_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you've got me dreaming about new spaces, too! It's fun to fantasize about how I'd redo my corner of the world, and then fun to just keep things just as they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. [sorry to hear about the header trouble. i've learned it the hard and patient way, but true, i did get some confidence on my recent library course. erm, sometimes i challenge myself too, and then other times blogger just won't cooperate... just like life! but any queries : just ask! i'm all ears.]

    there's just one stressful thought about high ceilinged places : the heat goes up, in wintertime!! oi, oi... but definitely always enjoy the roomy feel of high ceilings. as if you just get more space for the price of one...
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. very inspiring places ... I like the 2nd picture

    ReplyDelete
  14. nutter ;)
    yup, 4 metre high ceilings can be a bit of a bummer too, I reckon. you'll find the love for your own corner again. we'll be here waiting to see it when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE these!! Especially the chandeliers at different levels.
    Hope you get your inspiration back xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice spaces, but I can't imagine living in Paris and needing comforting, even on grey days! :)

    ReplyDelete