Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Bites - Maybe Macrobiotic



A simple lunch I made myself recently.  And fancied myself a little Stella McCartney or Gwyneth Paltrow.  (Famous macrobiotics, apparently.)


I have never been, nor probably ever will be a Macrobiotic eater.  EXCLUSIVELY.


But sometimes I get a little close.  (You could too?)  They say it's very good for you.  Well, Gwyneth does.  And she's very slim!  (Which some of us find a desirable thing to be.)


I've mentioned how much I love tofu and pesto.  If you've eaten and enjoyed Pain Quotidien's tofu


salad with nori and three sauces, you might agree with me.  I mashed the pesto and tofu with the roasted baking potatoes above.  I love this combination.  


With roasted brussel sprouts and onions that basically taste like candy, it was a very satisfying meal.


I lightened it with cranberry juice, some fizzy mineral water, and a sprig of mint.  






6 comments:

  1. OMG this is just brilliant...and how it looks on the plate... when's the book coming out?
    I needed you as tour guide to Paris Mlle P ...badly needed ... that and your french language speaking skills...
    Glad you liked and could identify the place getting the xmas treatment.
    Well. just back in my cosy room after the last Eurostar trip for the evening...
    Fun!
    I did have a lovely bite at Ottolenghi last week... now I shall have to get my recipe book into action... bought a year ago and never cooked from!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a big bag of brussely sprouts waiting for me in my crisper and some tofu and frozen homemade pesto just waiting for inspiration- this is VERY GOOD STUFF, mlle p.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring! And the colors are fantastic as usual! Have a lovely week... Here we have had our first snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not sure i would call this a simple lunch, looks like a lot of preparation ;) and it looks very yum too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very appetizing photos! I never tried tofu and pesto, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This looks delicious - the tofu, pesto & roasted potato mash sounds mouth-wateringly yummy!
    Oh, to be such a dab hand in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete