Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Funny Way of Seeing



(via UnAmourdePhoto tumblr - plus the next two pics)

Sorry for the quality of some of these images, I found them "Tumblr"-ing and some have been


borrowed too many times. 


I was going to say (maybe again) how odd I think it is that sometimes we just seem to gravitate

(via Seed Capsules this and all below)

repeatedly towards certain things.  I got these off of two sites but I seemed to have selected them for


their yellows and their blues.  I haven't cared that much about yellow since I was in highschool.


I've been trying to eliminate it from my house.  But just at the moment, the combination seems to be speaking to me.

(Lynda Barry via Seed Capsules)

Maybe since it's been so blue around here for quite a long time, it means I'm ready for some sunshine. I'm thinking you might be too.

And since there's so much playfulness about all of these pictures, I'm going to add a few quotes that I found on Steve McCurry's blog this week:

Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent, and in-dependent with a tremendous spirit of adventure and a love of play.- Henri Matisse

People tend to forget that play is serious - David Hockney

Play is the exultation of the possible - Martin Buber

In play a child always behaves beyond his average age, above his daily behavior. 
In play it is as though he were a head taller than himself.

 - Lev Vygotsky

Play is the highest form of research. 

- A. Einstein



_________________________________________________








5 comments:

  1. Tout droit sorties du rêve tes images... Et merci pour ces phrases pour réfléchir ou méditer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you have sunshine overload over there? I've been back to yellows for at least 5 years now - lemony, mustardy, sulfurous, chartruesy, but also honey, caramel, caca d'oie. I like your images - esp. nos. 1 & 2. Color -gaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie, Lynda B... some of my favorites. Your images are inspiring me this morning. Yellow is fresh and alive, go with it. I will if you will...

    I'm hoping for rain up here, just because we need it only.

    Happy day MP and thanks for the bright post - X

    ReplyDelete
  4. These make me smile and think of happy days playing blocks and legos with my brothers when we were little. :-)

    ReplyDelete