Sunday, October 16, 2011

Monday Bites - Eat Anything Good Over the Weekend?




 from Nikole Herriott (styling) and Michael Graydon (photo)  at forty-sixth at grace



We oil poached fish for the very first time (salmon) with basil and garlic, and we made some lovely potatoes like the kind they serve at Father's Office in Culver City.  They are boiled and tossed in (more!) oil seasoned with pimenton, chilipowder, red pepper flakes and salt.  They are yummy!

But the most exciting food news this weekend was a book I picked up at the library on Saturday and couldn't get my nose out of to save my life!  More on this in next Monday's "Bites".

But what I've really been craving is cake!  Anybody have a fast simple cake suggestion?




3 comments:

  1. Oui, si tu trouves de la crème de marrons vers chez toi, j'ai LA recette pour toi (hier, sur le blog). Bon lundi et à bientôt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I adore that second photo so very much. :-) I had goat curry this weekend - that was a first and absolutely delicious. :-) But my favorite thing has to be the chocolate mint Tim Tams I had with my tea tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that second photo is great ... i have a thing with pomegranates. they are in season in my place :)

    ReplyDelete