Thursday, September 15, 2016

Gucci Geeks Unite. Happiness is a Silly Outfit!


Look away if you're not embracing the "Maximalist" style of fashion that broke out all over


this Summer.  Alessandro Michele at Gucci seemed to have been the worst "offender"


if you are inclined to see it this way.  I did not think America would go for this flamboyant


exuberant, cartoony, colorful look which so speaks


to the fourteen-year old in me.  (I am of Hawaiian and Italian extraction - so - you know?!  More is more!)


Where the concept of "Cruise" quite fits in


to this 2016 Collection is perhaps not a conversation we need to have.  But whether or not boats are


involved, I've had a look in the shops and even Zara, ground zero for basic black Euro-chic


is rocking the geeky


and flying the freak flag.


Who would you like to be today?  Florence Welch?


or Tavi Gevinson?  (God, I love it!  Where do I start?  The skirt, the shoes, the sleeves, the dogs...)


Me?  I would like to be ME.  This is SO!  (Madeline in Mexico)  ME!

Oh to be very young again and shopping Gucci!  You know, sometimes fashion just has to be fun.  And this seriously IS. 










1 comment: