Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Corner View - Positive Thoughts for Bad Moments


All things must pass by  George Harrison.  Sung at Concert for George by Paul.  Performed by Eric Clapton, Danny Harrison,  Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr,  Billy Preston,  Albert Lee and on and on....


Can't tell you how much this chokes me up AND calms me down.  First saw the Concert for George at a time of my life when great wonderfulness was happening at the exact same time as not such wonderfulness.  This song made sense of it all.  But no, I did not run out and join a buddhist monastery.  

"All things must pass.  None of life's dreams can last." 


But before I go:  Hello!  Giveaway!  Check back to my post of yesterday regarding my June giveaway.  See anything there that appeals?  If you do, please leave a comment on this blog at any time during the next 8 days, and at the end of my Wednesday, June 29, Corner View post, I will announce the winner of this giveaway. At that time, the lucky aesthete who has won can email me their details for shipping the goodies out to whatever corner of the world you happen to be tucked into.



10 comments:

  1. This song perfectly suits the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song indeed! For the good and the bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. George Harrison... always positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i'm convinced.
    all things pass...
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call me silly, but I do hope some dreams last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and then there are the things that I want to last ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. somehow, this makes me a little sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Beatles and George Harrison's songs can choke me up instantly... I don't know what it is, but what I know is they are amazing and lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my ... very well chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great cast, song, words,
    thanks

    ReplyDelete