Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pretty as Poilane .... in London



Considering what "Poilane" translates to in French....


(Yes, "mule hair"....someone else will have to explain this to you...me, I got nothing!)


It's hard to find a prettier window.


I do have a birthday coming up.....anybody want to send me one of these?


Hint, hint.  (Mr. Paradis are you reading this?)


A nice crunchy packet of biscottes wouldn't go amiss, either.  So yummy with a cup of tea and fresh soft sweet butter.


Don't imagine that the loaves are flown in from Paris to London.  No sirree.  MADE ON THE PREMISES.  HERE: 46 Elizabeth St., London SW1 (Belgravia)

And p.s., a new Poilane coffee shop shamelessly stealing the Pain Quotidien concept and running hard with it can now be found at: 39 Cadogan Gardens, London SW3 (Chelsea)

Here are blog links to two great posts about these and other places-Poilane by David Lebovitz and a Chinese blogger Ahn Ma









6 comments:

  1. Superbes photos... il ne manque que la bonne odeur du pain frais sortant du four...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! it is awesome photo. This post is only for them who has great idea. Go on with. We want this kinds of post regularly for our best.

    Beautiful travelling places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! :-) What clever and talented bakers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i shall be looking out for poilâne then, shall i?
    it does ring a bell... but maybe that's paris calling?
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots. The chocolate bread I could eat on the spot. A French bakery in Los Angeles near my office used to make chocolate croissants, which I absolutely loved! Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete