Sunday, January 12, 2014

What''s Not to Love About the Victoria and Albert Museum?



Actually I went to the V&A to see the Pearls Exhibition.


Which was nice, but I had expected to have my heart stolen away by something transcendental.


Which the pearls weren't, quite.  For me.  (Possibly for you?)


I was wowed, instead by the fashion exhibit - which covered many eras.


And highlighted all that is handmade.


I say, put me in that time machine, take me back!


I don't need to be a princess, let me just dress her, or weave for her, or sweep up after.  Anything to be able to touch, for a moment, the magic that envelops her!  Oh yes indeed, my heart was stolen away.  

Again and again.








1 comment:

  1. now, that very first image?
    that is scherenschnitte inspirational work!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete